Best Dog Treat Recipes - Home
Gourmet Dog Treat Recipes
Brioche Bakery Dog Treat
Bakery Dog Treat
Brioche Homemade Dog Treats
Our French Brioche bakery dog treat looks almost like the real French bakery treat! Since they are made from wholesome ingredients, you can serve these healthy dog treats almost every day, without guilt.
The little Brioche gourmet dog treats are larger than you would use for dog training, even for large dog breeds. So you might want to save them for a special occasion like a dog birthday party or holiday.
However, no matter when you serve them, these home-made dog treats are sure to please!
A Bakery Dog Treat from France
Never been to France? French Brioche are delicate French pastries that melt in your mouth. They are available in French bakeries, and, of course, some people bake them at home.
Brioche resemble little muffins with a knob of dough on top. Here’s a photo of my dog version…
Brioche Dog Treats
Brioche Bakery Dog Treat
- Combine the oil, applesauce, water and egg and mix well.
- Sprinkle the dry yeast on top of the liquids and let them sit while you do the next step.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and then combine them in a large mixing bowl, with the liquid, using the dough hook on your mixer.
- Beat (or knead) for about 8 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a clean towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rise until it is doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and let it rise again until it is doubled. If you are in a hurry, you can skip this rising. It just makes the finished rolls lighter.
- When the dough is double in size, you are ready to shape the brioche rolls.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces.
- For each of the 24 pieces, do the following: Pinch off a small piece of the larger piece and make a little ball from it. With your hands, roll the larger piece of dough into a ball and place it in a lightly greased muffin pan.
- Squish the ball down slightly so that it fills the muffin cup nicely.
- Make an indentation with your thumb in the center of the ball. Place the little ball on top of the indentation firmly.
- When you have shaped all the brioche, cover the pan with a clean towel and let the dog bread rise until doubled.
- When they have doubled, brush each of the brioche with some beaten egg. This step is optional, but it makes the tops nice and shiny!
- Bake the rolls in a 300 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Check frequently to make sure they don't get too dark. When done, they should be a nice golden brown.
- Turn off the oven, and let the brioche bakery dog treats continue to dry overnight.
This treat is a bit chewy and lasts longer than a hard cookie or biscuit. As with any chew, your pooch should eat the French brioche with supervision, to make sure that he doesn't gulp it down too fast or break off pieces that he can't easily handle.
These French Brioche bakery dog treats should be stored in the refrigerator or freezer, as they have a higher moisture content than bones or biscuits. Because they have no preservatives, they can get moldy or stale at room temperature.
Where would you like to go now?