Best Dog Treat Recipes - Home
Easy Dog Treat Recipes
Fun Recipes for Kids
Fun Recipes for Kids
Looking for fun recipes for kids? Your kids will have a blast baking dog treats for your dog with this easy kid friendly recipe for Banana Frozen Dog Treats and other easy dog treat recipes.
You may have a messy kitchen to clean later, but your kids will learn to cook, the dog will be delighted, and you’ll all be closer together!
And you’ll all have fond memories of afternoons spent together, covered in flour in dough!
The combination of kids and dogs is perfect! Kids love to please, dogs love homemade dog treats, and even the shyest of children will warm up to a friendly dog’s big kisses.
Here are some things that will make cooking for dogs fun for your kids:
Dog treats are fun recipes for kids!
- Kids must be able to read the recipe - Most of the words should be familiar to your child.
- Entry level skills - The recipes should have tasks that your child is able to do successfully.
- Praise - If your child is new to cooking, make sure you heap lots of praise on him for each task that he completes.
- Give the Dogs a Taste - Everyone loves immediate gratification, and your child is no exception. As soon as the treats are cool, give the dogs a taste! Your dog’s enthusiasm will delight your kids.
How to Use Easy Kids’ Recipes
Of course there are other ways to use fun recipes for kids:
- Home school - Making easy kid recipes can be a great learning experience. Consider all the aspects of a good recipe—reading, math, measuring, memory, telling time, setting a timer, communication and following directions.
- Girl scouts or boy scouts - or other children’s groups.
- Halloween treats - for the canine trick or treaters in the neighborhood.
- Christmas gifts - Have the children participate in making dog treats to use as gifts for neighborhood friends and relatives’ dogs.
- Dog Party - Have a dog birthday party or another kind of theme dog party—just for fun. The kids can help make the dog treats for the guests.
Here’s a frozen dog treats recipe that your kids will enjoy:
Frozen Banana Dog Treats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsalted chopped peanuts
Banana Frozen Dog Treats
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the banana.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mix into silicone muffin pans shaped like hearts or a dog pan shape like a silicone mini-paw pan.
- Freeze until hard.
- Give your dog a taste…
You will need to store these dog treats in the freezer. Have fun with the recipe!
Here are some more easy kid recipes: