Best Dog Treat Recipes - Home
Dog Bone Recipes
Peanut Butter Dog Bone Recipe
Dog Bone Recipe
A peanut butter dog bone recipe usually has one or the other—peanuts or peanut butter. This recipe has both! It’s loaded with peanutty goodness and fortified with good nutrition.
You’ll find that this peanut butter dog treat will quickly become one of your pet's favorite homemade dog treats. And you can bake these easy-to-make dog bones easily at home, in your own kitchen.
Most dogs absolutely love peanuts and peanut butter. And it’s good for them too. Peanuts provide high quality protein, in addition to their heavenly taste.
This dog peanut butter bone recipe is easy to make; and the dough ends up having a wonderful texture—it’s smooth, a bit oily and very easy to work.
I think it’s one of the nicest doughs to roll, and, if you are a beginning baker, this might be a good recipe to use for your first dog treats.
This peanut butter dog bone recipe
is easy to make.
Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Bones
I think you’ll really enjoy using this peanut butter dog bone recipe to make treats for your dog.
Peanut Butter Dog Bone Recipe Ingredients
Directions for Peanut Butter Bones
- Place all the ingredients in your bread-maker in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Use the Dough cycle.
- When the dough is finished, remove it from the bread maker and divide it into 3 portions.
- Roll each dough portion until it is 1/8-1/2”. This will depend on the size bone cookie cutter that you are using. For example if you are using the little 1” bone cutter, you should roll the dough to 1/8” thick. On the other hand, if you are using a 6-8” bone cutter, roll the dough to ½”, so the finished dog bone treats will be bigger.
- Place the dog bones on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let them rise in a draft-free warm place for 1 hour. In the summer (or warmer climates) you can just let them rise in the warm room. If it’s winter or drafty, you might put them in the oven (turned off or warmed to 175 degrees F and then turned off).
- Bake the dog bone treats for 30-60 minutes at 275 degrees F. Again, this will depend on the size bones you are making. You’ll have to experiment a bit here. The first time you make them you will have to watch them pretty carefully and keep track of the time. That way the next time you use the dog bone recipes you will know how long to bake them in your oven.
Make sure you have everything you need, before you start to bake. And, perhaps most important of all, you'll need to have a set of nice quality dog bone cookie cutters.
This peanut butter dog bone recipe is easy and fun, and nice dog bone cookie cutters are the key to making them look professional.
If you enjoyed making these dog bone treats, make sure you try our other dog bone recipes..
Make sure you try these peanut butter dog treats for your peanut lover: